In West Cumbria Thomas Armstrong (Holdings) Ltd, Maryport, has delivered affordable and sustainable homes for the likes of Impact Housing Association and a £2m fast-track fit out of West Cumbria House in Lillyhall, transforming it into a new call centre for Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs five weeks ahead of schedule. Meanwhile, Workington-based Stobbarts Ltd delivers everything from auction marts, homes, bridges and schools to replacement buildings at flood-hit Workington Cricket Club. It is also a contractor for Sellafield Ltd , delivering construction services for the ongoing decommissioning of the Sellafield site.
News– see all news
- Rejected plan for 150 homes is resurrected
- Nuclear skills 'under-exploited'
- Bypass cuts congestion by a fifth
- Workington is ready to party
- NMP’s donations pass £1.5million milestone
- 'Help us keep Viking treasure in Furness'
- Plans to bury N-waste at Keekle Head set to be turned down
- Hydro power company nominated for green energy award
- Mitie Group Sellafield jobs under threat
- 3,000 start apprenticeships in Cumbria